1. “I’m just in the middle of changing banks (or getting new financing).
2. Loss of an important customer
3. Loss of an important employee or manager
4. Slow receivables or a large bad debt – Domino effect!
5. Broken promises
6. Messages not returned
7. Writ or Statement of Claim from another supplier for goods sold or delivered
8. Change of ownership, management, death – do something NOW!
9. “I have no money”
10. Mail return
11. Trade rumours
12. Bank financing that includes extraordinary security such as assignment of life insurance etc.
* Remember: When there is evidence that things are going downhill, it is probably a lot worse than one might think.